Kronenburg 1664 "The French Art of Pleasure"
Friday, May 6, 2011 7:12PM
I recently did a collaboration with Kronenbourg 1664 for their Mobile Art "French Art of Pleasure" campaign. Here's the pics and below is my explanatory blurb




















xx

"Travelling to northern France as a young girl created a sense of holiday romance which lingers in much of my current art work. France was a place of mystery, love, culture and effortlessly elegant individuals. The women, in particular, stood out and became a guiding light in wardrobe philosophy that would carry me through to adult life.

During these trips I loved to collect post cards and memorabilia that consumed me on my returns to Britain in a gravity of wanderlust. I would resolve this by creating elaborate scrapbooks filled with photographs, postcards and museum and art gallery tickets. Years later, I'd revisit these books, wrap myself in a blanket of nostalgia, and fuel my mind with inspiration.

The opportunity to reawaken and explore these feelings through the Kronenbourg 1664 French Art of Pleasure project was for me, a chance to reflect upon the importance of one' s heritage, experiences and understated elegance."

0 comments: